Thursday, November 22, 2007

this year last year, i probably didnt have a clue of how crazily unconcious of my existence i would be in my working life. As i was saying it to my friend the other day, Metro, trop de boulot mais pas de dodo.I just ended my weekend teaching assignement last week and thought i would have a more relaxed week and had begun to look forward to the coming weekend from last sunday afternoon, but this week has just been a bitch. All of a sudden work has come crashing down, my super bitch collegue is at her dumbest best and reaches astounding heights with each passing day. Exasperation... i am keeping the scissors/paper cutter away from me. Office crime scene- Hell NO.my boss also did his best to be an asshole just the day when i had the teeny weeny chance of getting off earlier,(5.10p.m)to accompany some french collegues to Crawford, insisting that i do my social activities after work hours (hours or 20 minutes). I had good mind to ask him for all the overtime i had clocked in ortelling him that I had actually been coming early,sometimes even b4 him....obviously oblivion to that.I did stay put mindlessly surfing on google, checking mails,acting busy. Can i help it if i finish work earlier,being more efficient than my counterpart whom i catch staring at her monitor screen as though she is deciphering a hieroglyphic code series. That she comes a good half hour later,is unbelievably slow and saps me out of energy explaining the mundanest of things. Isn't it unjust for the french to have 3 vacations a year in India and 2 to France, this leaving out the regular week-end getaways to pittoresque hotspots and then narrating it all to an indian who is dying to see it all who is still working out the 'dough' and 'leave balance' -bane of the average working indian. now all i care is to get past friday and hold out my arms for the weekend. sleep,movie halls,greasy unhealthy food- here i come.

No comments: